Health Literacy Month Handbook: The Event Planning Guide for Health Literacy Advocates
Newly revised for 2015! The Health Literacy Month Handbook is a guide to help you create, plan, run, and evaluate Health Literacy Month events. With its many examples, tools, and how-to tips, the Handbook is a practical reference you can use throughout the planning process. Available as a PDF for $15.99
Topics range from brainstorming ideas and finding people to work with to putting an event together, marketing it, and assessing its effectiveness. It includes many up-to-date examples of events that others have conducted along with their insights, lessons learned, and recommendations. The Health Literacy Month Handbook also includes worksheets, a sample press release, countdown calendar, and other practical tools.
- About Health Literacy and Health Literacy Month
- Getting Started on Your Health Literacy Month Event
- Creating the Event
- Exploring the Range of Possible Events
- Putting It All Together
- Marketing Your Event
- Assessing Your Health Literacy Month Event
- Appendices: A) Countdown to Health Literacy Month: A List of Things to Do Including When to Do Them, B) Sample Press Release, C) Notes to Me: Assessing the Success of My Health Literacy Month Event.