Workshops & Keynote Presentations
Helen Osborne speaks to audiences across the U.S. and around the world. This includes keynote presentations and skills-building workshops on a wide variety of health literacy topics. To make messages even more relevant to your audience, Helen is happy to do a live onstage interview with local health literacy champions.
Helen's presentations are always interactive, energizing, and filled with practical how-to information. Helen is a long-time member of the National Speakers Association and active participant in its New England Chapter.
Audiences everywhere agree that Helen's presentations provide the knowledge, tools, and confidence they need to make a long-lasting health literacy difference. For a schedule of Helen's upcoming and recent presentations, click here.
Click these links to learn more about Helen's most requested topics:
- Health Literacy: What It Is, Why It Matters, How You Can Help
- Plain Language: Writing for Understanding
- Multiplying Our Strategies to Communicate Numbers
- Using Pictographs, Metaphors, and Stories to Communicate Health Messages
- The Ethics of Simplicity
- Ways to Talk with Your Doctor (consumer presentation)
- How to ... (your topic here)
- Tailor presentations to your format. Whether you are looking for a 1-hour keynote, half- or full-day workshop, or panel discussion, Helen will adapt her presentations to meet your needs. Many organizations ask Helen to combine formats such as giving a keynote followed by a workshop, or a workshop followed by a panel discussion.
- Focus on your specific needs. Helen takes the time to learn about your organization and audience. This way, she can focus on your specific learning needs. Helen does this by asking meeting planners to complete a Pre-Program Questionnaire (PPQ). As makes sense, Helen might also interview several people likely to attend.
- Provide a master copy of her handout. Helen's handouts are not a collection of slides. Instead, her handouts are filled with valuable how-to and resource information that participants can refer to long after Helen's presentations end.
- Introduce you to the publisher who will discuss discounts when purchasing multiple copies of her book, Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition.
- Work with you to obtain continuing education credits. This includes providing a timed agenda with specific behavioral objectives, along with Helen's CV.
- Help promote your event. Helen will gladly review your marketing materials and be available for radio and television interviews.
- Follow-up and offer ongoing support. Helen not only introduces ideas and teaches how-to skills but also helps participants implement lessons learned. One way is with a complementary follow-up conference call for workshop attendees.
Vice Chair, Department of Internal Medicine
Associate Dean, Continuing Medical Education
Scott & White Healthcare/Texas A&M College of Medicine
To learn more and schedule a presentation, contact Helen Osborne at Helen@healthliteracy.com or call 508-653-1199.